Friday, August 15, 2008

Refined in the fire

God has certainly been teaching me a lot about myself. This week has been one of my most challenging in a long time. My students are great and I love what I do. I have been learning how to accept the guidance of those who know more than myself and submit to their counsel. It's tough though because I would love to say that I know it all and I am terrific the way I am. The truth is however that I am imperfect and have a lot to learn about life, teaching, and growing in God. My prayer this weekend and into next week will be to learn how to be humble and to be a quiet spirit which is of great value to the Lord. Not to be without a voice but to be a listener and consider my words before I speak. That I would take the advice and encouragement of others and apply it to my life. I thank God for the lessons He is teaching me. I only hope to use my experience being in a new world to encourage everyone that is in my life. May the Lord bless all of you who read this blog.

1 comment:

Aunt Judy - Oklahoma said...

Courts:

Sounds like you have been very busy both emotionally and physically. Being a great listener will serve you well.Just don't become such a great listener, you miss opportunities for social enrichment by not letting others see the awesome young lady you have become. God has given you many talents, and I believe he will show you others. One of his greatist gifts to you, is your beautiful singing voice. It is as large a spiritual gift as sharing the gospel verbally. It is a powerful message put to music, and sometimes that is the key to attracting someone's attention that might otherwise ignore you or show indifference to your spoken word. Share this gift with your students should the opportunity arise. Hopefully your church home, whereever that will be will also have the opportunity to experience this spiritual gift. I pray for you daily and that God will watch over you day and night. I'm looking forward to your coming home on furlough and spending a few days with you at grandma/grandpa's house. Stay sweet and never forget the love that is coming from all of us to little ole you!!

Catch you later...
Aunt Judy - Ok.