Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who needs lanes anyway?

Hello everyone. I know it's been awhile. Well I am getting adjusted and start teaching tomorrow. I decided that I was going to relax tonight so I now have time to write a blog. You may be wondering about my title for this blog. It came about when last night I realized that I am not at all afraid of people or buses when they create their own lane or cross over into oncoming traffic. The system here in Lima is just get to where you are going by any means necessary. Ordinarily this would frighten me. I am used to having to obey traffic lines and signs, but here they don't care. Way to stick to the man Lima!! We don't care about no stinking lanes here.LOL.

On a final note I have been thrilled by what God has been teaching me. Don't get me wrong it's still very tough being here away from my friends and family. But God has reminded me this week that He has a perfect purpose for it and even when I don't understand, He does and is in control. I suggest reading the book of Habbakuk. It helped me this week tremendously. Well TTFN I'm off to shower, eat and relax. Love ya, Court

No comments: