Sunday, August 24, 2008

My incredible life

You know I never know how to title my blogs so I decided this sums it up. This week has been great. I am learning how to be a better teacher and feel God's hand guiding me more and more. Today I went to church with my roommate and a friend from school. I enjoyed the service and the congregation is small so I felt comfortable. The only discomfort came when a man was introduced to me and he really kissed my cheek. Now I am familar and completely comfortable with the "air kiss". I love hugs too, but if I don't know you then I don't really want your lips on my skin. Hmm the learning curve is great for me right now. Sooo anyhow I went to a BBQ yesterday and had a rocking time. I realized though that you have to decide to leave five minutes before you want to leave because it takes that long to say goodbye in Peru. This is where you "air kiss" and hug everyone goodbye (and you cannot leave anyone out) So it takes awhile. It was a great day full of fun, laughter, and little ones running about. The highlight was seeing Jared Schlak thrown in the pool by his roommate Mario.LOL. I'm glad it wasn't me it's winter down here. Even on a sunny day I don't want to swim right now.Many blessings to all who read this.

No comments: