Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pain (The good kind!!)

When we think about pain we often associate it with something negative. We focus on the pain but sometimes do not realize it's great importance. Pain makes us realize something is wrong. If we didn't feel pain we would die. Consider if you did not feel pain and you had a heart attack. You would not be aware that something was wrong and no one would know what had happened until the autopsy report. Thus feeling pain during a heart attack is pertinent to getting help and medical attention. Well so it is with emotional pain and spiritual pain. When you feel upset, angry, sad etc. often times this is an identifies a problem going on in your life. This pain might be from an outside source and involve things that are unchangeable by you, however more times than not it is something that we need to change about ourself. The past couple of days I have felt incredible pain, nothing that I need to share in detail, but I do want to share this. I realized that God was trying to tell me something and I was so busy trying to alleviate the pain (by reading books, watching movies etc) that I did not bother to acknowledge where I needed to make a change. So what pray tell was God trying to tell me? you might ask. I believe it is this. I am not perfect but perfectly forgiven, I am worthy one hundred percent of the time!, I can only do my personal best and nothing more, and most importantly, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Here is my encouragement. You are important to God. He desperately wants you to follow Him because His way is perfect. We by ourselves will always fall short. My friends if you have been living for yourselves alone and trying to solve your problems in your own way just know that there is a better way. I'm so glad that I have put my trust in God and I know that I do not live for myself and I have a loving God who reminds me (with pain at times) that His way is perfect. Thank you God for the good kind of pain to show me that I need to let you be the leader and not me. Let pain talk to you, listen to what God is saying through it.

No comments: