Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life over the days past

Well I have had my first experience with the doctor's office (fear not I have no serious issue) for back pain. It went very successfully and I found that I was able to effectively communicate in Spanish. Which is important when dealing with your health. Teaching has been going great and I feel my students are learning a lot.

Tomorrow I go to get my fingerprints done and my teeth counted (not sure about that) to get my visa. Yay though because it looks like I could have my visa before Christmas.

Praise God for this weekend. I was so reminded of how great God is and how grateful I am that I have decided to make Him my all. I was struggling with a relationship recently that could have become something stressful and unproductive. My friend and I were able to pray and discuss our concerns and then celebrated together because we were able to use the time to learn about each other and celebrate how different God created us. I think if I could impart any bit of wisdom that I learned from this is that each child of God is unique and is being used and grown in their own way to the glory of God. Instead of bucking heads we can find reconciliation through prayer and God's word. God's word is truth and we can always trust His guidance over any human thought imaginable. Praise our personal God who is always with us even when we fall. Praise a God who loves us so much that He is intimately involved in our every moment and always has time. He is not far off and remote but personal, loving, just, and loyal through all things.

Blessings to All!!!!

1 comment:

prezdot said...

Hey, Courtney :) Just finished typing a long, wordy account of my summer - went to post and then found out I had to sign up to do that. So... here's the short version!! Went to NY state for two weeks. Mom came from Fla. Saw a lot of relatives- both dead and alive! Came home - repacked and drove to Colorado for Karen and Dan's daughter's wedding. Jim G. and Pati B. came also. Took our two grandsons with us and visited 5 more grandkids as wellas a niece I had not seen for 27 years! had a great time. Seems strange not to be at school for the first time in 25 years! Am trying to get to DO and see about my retro pay. We passed the 5% retro and it was in September's check. email me and I'll let you know what I find our. Give me a day or two. Gotta get going - it's almost 12:30 and I'm not dressed yet! Oh the joys of retired life! Prayers to you and your fellow teachers. Please add my nephew, Ron, in your prayers. He is fighting Bile Duct Cancer. prezdot