Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Deception

For though we live in the world we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weaponsof the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2nd Corinthians 10:3-5.

Today's devotion was on taking our thoughts captive and making them conform to God's will. What struck me was that it is an action we must do but often we sit waiting for God to do it for us. Don't get me wrong we certainly have a loving God who can help us and deliver us through trials, but we have a responsibilty to guard our thoughts and to keep them focused on godly truth. The way we do this is through daily conversations with God and searching the truth in His word (the Bible). I battle with feelings of not being equiped to serve God here in Peru I struggle to accept that I have been called here and therefore fully equiped to do God's work. I have to fall to my knees in prayer daily to remember how much I'm worth and that God is working through me. And to be in His word daily. If I listen to the lies I fail to let God work.

I pray that those of you who know Christ will ignore the lies of the deceiver and focus on the fact that God wants to use you for His glory. For my friends that do not follow Christ I want you to know that when you are feeling unworthy, unloved, and illequipped God is waiting for you. He has a plan for your life and wants nothing more than to show you how incredibly created you are, but you have to choose to believe. There is a great plan for you life not to please the desires of man but for God's glory.

1 comment:

Shunshine Girl said...

I love hearing about what's going on with you in Peru! You are definitely called to be there or you wouldn't have made it there in the first place. I have many friends that are attempting to go to various countries that are having to overcome great obstacles in the process. If God wants them to go, He will get them there. God wanted you in Peru, so you are there!