Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The first official day!!!

I arrived in Peru last night and with relatively little trouble. The flight was long but I got through immigration and customs just fine. After getting to my house around 2 in the morning I was able to sleep finally in a nice comfortable bed. Today I woke up and met our maid. She is the sweetest person I think I've ever met. The only issue is that she speaks spanish at lightning speed and it was a challenge to keep up, but we did ok and she told me my spanish was good.LOL. Anyways later in the day my roommate, a friend, and I went to the store to buy groceries and other items we needed for our houses. Figuring out the exchange rate was a trick but luckily I have a roommate who is very good in math. Yay for math teachers!!! Now I am home and about to crash out after I organize my clothes a bit. Thank you all for your prayers for my safe travel it was a smooth trip. Pray for me tomorrow because I am going to walk to the store by myself. The only way to gain independence is to do something by yourself and I live in a safe neighborhood so off I go to investigate my new world.

5 comments:

Matt Andrea said...

We're looking forward to reading about your grand adventure,
-Matt, Andrea, & Kyla

jose said...

From your Uncle in Texas. I am so proud of you and your new role in Peru. I am glad you arrived safe and sound. Hopefully you will get the rest you need before your school year begins. God has blessed you with this opportunity to teach in South America. Always in our thoughts and prayers. Uncle Joseph

Unknown said...

We are so glad to hear that you have arrived safely! This is going to be such a great time of learning, growing, and depending on God. We look forward to hearing what He teaches you and how He uses you in Peru.

We love you!

Angela and Jason

Debby said...

Yay! I'm glad you've made it safely there. I'm afraid I'll be more of a lurker than anything.. but know that I'm thinking about you and keeping an eye out for updates as you settle into this new phase of your life.

Debby (& Dennis & kids)

Deanna and Seldon Paschal said...

We just asked Jason and Angela last night if you were in Peru. What a wonderful opportunity for you. You will see more of God's guidance, goodness and grow more in your spiritual walk. We are excited to hear what God will do in your life and in the lives of those you come in contact with. He has called you for a special purpose. Continue to trust in Him. Proverbs 3:5&6. Seldon & Deanna Paschal