Friday, November 14, 2008

Today

Today was hectic to say the least. We had a big potluck for the whole school including parents which is just a feat to pull off in and of itself. There were several Peruvian dances. I even participated in one. I think I smiled the whole time but we'll have to see the video to know for sure.LOL.

So then tonight a couple of my friends decided to go to the fountain park in Lima. It's absolutely beautiful at night. They have all sorts of fountains and shows using the water as a medium. Well we got in a taxi that apparently though he knew a shortcut but did not. We ended up on the freeway in bumper to bumper traffic. So as we are sitting there waiting to get off the off ramp, our taxi driver gets a novel idea. He could just drive up the grassy embankment to the street above us and not have to deal with all that nasty traffic. So before you know it we were up on the grass headed for the street above. I tell you only in Peru would that happen without consequences. But we made it to the park and it was amazing. The evening ended with a laser light show that was fantastic and it was well worth the trip.

Tomorrow my friend and I are off to the center of Lima to do some more Christmas shopping. I'll try to post pictures as soo as I can.

Love you all,
Court

No comments: